8 Tips to Increase Instagram Followers
Instagram: Feed Your Feed
You have heard it before - a picture is worth 1,000 words. Perhaps this is one reason why the social media platform Instagram is wildly popular, especially among real estate agents. In fact, Instagram currently has more than 500 million active users! But if you don’t have any followers to see your “1,000 words,” then your picture isn’t worth much. Here are some proven strategies to get more Instagram followers now.
- Possess a powerful profile. Make sure you have a complete profile with a recent photo of yourself or your company logo, a short bio description so people know what to expect when they follow you and an active website link. Although you want Instagram followers, you also want them to take some action – usually visiting your website to learn more about you.
- Connect with your contacts. The easiest way to increase your followers is to start with people you know. On your Instagram profile page, click the gear symbol in the upper right corner to open your options feature. Here you can connect with your contacts and Facebook friends. You have the option to invite people to Instagram as well as find people to follow. Once they see you are following them, they may return the favor.
- Post regularly and often. Once you have enticed people to follow your account, you need to deliver them with engaging content. A good rule of thumb is to post at least once per day, but not more than three times per day. Also be sure to break up the times you post so they aren’t stacked.
- Know when to post. The best time to post is on Mondays and Thursdays between 8 and 9 a.m. and again at 5 p.m. Experts caution against posting between 3-4pm.
- Instagram is more than pictures! If a picture is worth 1,000 words, how many words is a short video worth? A lot! It has been shown that short videos posted to Instagram at 9 p.m. result in 34 percent more views than at other times.
- Invite others to your Instagram party. One study showed that posts that tagged other users in the caption received an average of 37 percent higher engagement than “lonely” posts.
- Let others know you have an account. Promote your Instagram account on your other channels as well as in the signature of your emails and the footer of your newsletters.
- Be purposeful. The best Instagram accounts have posts with purpose. Think about posting things that are INSPIRATIONAL, ASPIRATIONAL, EDUCATIONAL... or FUNNY. These sorts of posts will make people want to come back to, and share, your Insta feed.
Remember that, with social media, attracting followers is just the first step. Create a social media calendar and commit to posting attractive and engaging content frequently so that your followers look forward to your posts.
Ready to get started? Come join KWReferredandUrban on Instagram!